Wednesday, September 21, 2011

09/21/2011-MTC in Peru: Letter to brother Josh

BRO BRO!!

Good to hear from you my man! Kind of a long week in some aspects but super quick in others, but it was good to sit down and have a nice long solid email from my BOY!!

Lima is sick! Mucho Espanol and there are a million Gerardos here. They all just repeat the same jokes over and over again and think its funny every time. The big one with me is, they either say BURRRRR and shake their heads like its cold, or say burro, which means donkey of course.

Im basically the biggest here. The first day we played soccer. They are all so little. But can handle the ball like nobody’s business. They all grew up playing in the streets and so they cant get fast cuz there is no where to run. They dominate in handling the ball...and obviously I don’t. I never thought I would say it, but soccer is a blast! I love it and its fun. Don’t kill me. When I get back, it will suck again. haha

Quick little story! The first day, my comp, a stud by the way, asked me to help him write his testimony in English. So I helped him and translated his simple testimony for him into English. He practiced it all day, without me knowing and then gave it to me in English at the end of the day in the room. It was super simple, humble and he struggled with some words. I started to cry and was embarrassed that he saw me cry the first day, but the spirit was super strong. He said it in a Latin accent, and messed up a bunch but the spirit was so strong. This is the way the lord works. It was a testimony to me, that I don’t need to say anything in Spanish with eloquence or even with great grammar. I don’t even need an accent. But a simple, humble testimony, will invite the spirit and allow others to feel spirit and ultimately build their testimony. I loved it. Definitely a highlight of the week. I’ll write about more highlights in the family letter!

Awesome to hear about your game! Well done. Keep tearing it up, being a leader, doing what you do! Every day I’m thinking about you and what you’re doing but especially on Friday nights. I think about the pregame and you running out on the field before the game. Its a good thought. I miss you a bunch and glad to hear all is well! I love you.

Love you! Stay strong as always. I love you and cant wait for you to experience what I’m experiencing. If we were companions, GOODNIGHT!!!! Could you imagine!? haha love you.

Elder Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment