Thursday, September 8, 2011

09/08/2011-Provo MTC

Mom! (And family)

All is well here! First off, thanks all of you for the packages, the letters, prayers and love! Lets just say I'm leading the pack over the whole MTC in the package and letter race.

Time flies! Already two weeks and it feels like its been 2 days. I have already taught probably 10 lesssons in spanish. Its crazy how fast you learn here. Praying in spanish is great too! Instead of being formal in prayer like using thee, thou, thine, we use the Tu form which is like you, yours..etc. It seems more personal for some reason in spanish. I guess thats the case in other languages as well. Something else that is really cool is singing in spanish. Singing hymns that ive sung my entire life in english and then singing them in another language is very cool. The spirit is super strong. Elder Besson and I make a good duo and so we start off every lesson by singing a hymn. Its the best and it sets the mood for the whole lesson by bringing the spirit in so nicely! I love it.

So I got my travel plans for Lima a couple days ago. I need to get a traveling card for my yellow fever shot though before I leave so if i could get that this saturday that would be great! I hope that everything goes according to plan. I guess in the past they have given elders their travel plans, they get all packed and ready to go and then like a few hours before they leave they tell them that they aren't going anymore because of visa problems. I hope my plans don't fall through. Im really excited for Lima and can't wait.

Tell Marie and cason and Millhouse that i love them. I will try and get a letter off today to them but if not, send them my love. Sorry time is super short! Also tell Linds and trav and O thanks for the package. That was very nice of them! And ALSO tell Brian and Lar and the kiddos thanks for the letters and pictures. They are proudly hanging up in my room. The other elders are jealous. ahah

I'm doing great though! Its a good thing that I had the dorm experience with the cannon center and everything. The food has been giving my companion and tons of other elders serious problems. Im already leathered and used to it so that is a blessing! haha

Letters will be coming shortly. I hope I can get as many off today as I can. P day flies! But anyway! Thanks! I love you all and i'm glad to hear everything is going well at home! Adios!

Elder Burr

Ps..things i need: yellow fever travel card, Retainers, Jared Puamau's address, and if you want, one of those old time alarm clocks that rings the two bells on top. Ya know what im talking about? If i could draw a picture i would. But its the only thing that wakes me up. Its a good thing that a kid in my room has one. That would be nice. if not no big! thanks again! love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment