Monday, January 16, 2012

01/16/2012-St. Domingo, Ecuador (second area)

FAMILY!!

Hey! Everyweek i get on and love the emails i have. thankyou all. 

THANKS FOR THE PACKAGE! letters, treats, newspaper articles. It was sweet to get that! Thanks a bunch. The package from melissa gary hasnt come yet. hopeuflluy this week. 

What a story about marie trying to get home. she seems to have pretty bad luck traveling. Sorry RO that stinks. with all the love and joy you left behind at home and all the fun you girls had together im sure it was worth it. I love my sisters!

Weird that there is still no snow. Lets just hope that the next year gets more so that when I get home, lake powell is nice and full. haha 

THanks for all the good news and updates. I myself have some news. 

They transfered me. Monday night at about Ten we found out that I was getting changed. The next morning I packed my bags and left for St Dom. Still on the coast but about 4 hours away. My companion is Elder Rodgers and he is sitting right beside me. He is from Lindon and he seems like a cool cat. He knows the Ashmans and was buddies with JD. I got here and waited for the missionaries to pick me up. I had my luggage and was waiting in tthe terminal, being a gringo with luggage in the middle of Ecaudor was pretty fun. Haha got some good laughs. Anyway, Im District Leader in District 3 of Zone St Domingo. Just two companionships but the sectors are big, says Elder Rodgers. I dont know what Im doing really but i hope I can figure it out. When I got here, they handed me a phone.. that was weird. Im a little nervous but excited to get to work and learn a bunch. Keep praying for me please!

Leaving the other sector was a little hard. We have 4 baptisms set up for this weekend and 4 for the next week. Hopefully all goes well with Pineda and his new companion. I'm bummed I have to miss them. But again, excited to be here and ready to work. Keeping praying for Margarita. Pineda has the same drive to have her be married as I do so hopefully things work out.  I didnt get a chance to say goodbye to Alba but I left a letter. Hopefully it gets to her. My gratitude bucket keeps filling. What I learned there was amazing. Hopefully here its the same. 

Thanks for sharing your studies with me dad. I love Alma 8. Yhankyou for the insite and perspective you gave along with the application. I'll be studying that a little more this week.

This past week I studied prayer. I love studying from pmg and the scriptures. If you look at the section on prayer, I love the point that says, "Pray to know what to pray for". I love that phrase. I found some great scriptures on prayer too...mostly from 3 Nephi 18, 19, 20, 21. Great chapters. 

I love you all so much. Glad all is well. Thanks again for the updates, prayers thoughts letters. Keep praying for me please!

Elder Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment