Monday, November 28, 2011

11/21/2011

Mi Querida Familia,

So cool to hear about all the festivities that happened with mom´s bday! Ive already told you mom but I love you and I hope you had a great birthday! Glad you were able to see Millie and Marie. Im sure that was a blast having them there and also having the big 50 party with all the friends and family! Glad it went well!

Sounds like everything at home is going well with callings, family stuff, work and the usual. Hopè you are all enjoying american soil. Sorry if I dont seem interested in whats going on at home. I dont really know what to say because im not there, i dont know whats going on really. All i know is that I love reading what i get to read every week and I love you all. Think of you all often and pray for you all every prayer. If the letters seem insincere or like i dont really care, just know im busy and doing what missionaries do. sorry but dats just da way dat izz. LOVE YOU ALL!!

The splashes splashed and the waves rolled this weekend at the waters de la pila! (font in spanish) It was so rich and sweet to have baptisms, even though I wasnt the one baptizing. I dont really care as long as we are seeing the fruits of our labors, even if I have to watch someone else pick the fruit. Its still way awesome. The happiness on the two little boys, the little girl, and the joven (youth, Yumi) was very cool. Even more special was to see the Hermano Rojas baptize his two sons. Very tender, very sweet. The mom is a little hard and gets offended easy but she could not have been more happy. The confirmation was frustrating on Sunday. The bishop was traveling for the weekend and so when he came back, he was a little clueless, so the meeting was a little jumbled, with the confirmations and everything. Its all good though. They were confirmed and the deal was sealed. GREAT weekend.

The baptisms went great. Tony and Julio Rojas were baptized, along with Daña Barbosa. And then, we had a surprise baptism the following day! 15 year old Yumi told us she could do it the day of, so we threw it together really quick. Its really nice to have the Zone leaders living seriously a block away so they can help us do stuff like that with getting the interview done and everything. Ill try to send pictures..dont know if it works yet. Ive sent a couple over myldsmail but i havent heard anything about the pictures so im not sure if you got them. let me know if you get them please!

Other than the baptism, the week was alright. We went to Quito on monday. slept there that night and traveled back tuesday. About 20 hours on buses in total over two days. Heritage tours! haha But the reason we went was to get my censos, ecuadorian Id. I dont know if thats how you spell it but its basically to authorize someone in the country. Im an authroized ecuadorian for the time being. While we were in Quito, we had a council with president and it was awesome! He is the man. He helps a lot with small little pieces of advice. I think the best way to describe him is, a quiet powerful example. His leadership is different but its interesting to see how powerful it is, though quite subtle.

We were busy on splits all week with other missionaries in our district so i spent a lot of time working with other missionaries. I felt like we completely left our sector. We havent worked there since last sunday. our numbers showed it. Frustrating that we didnt get to work in our sector but great that we got to do exchanges. I went with elder cabrera, one of the Zone leaders. The dude is a stud. He´s from chile and I learned a bunch from him. We busted it and I learned a lot about what I need to do better and how I can teach from the heart. Thats something that I am going to focus on, bearing testimony and teaching from the heart. Asking inspired questions. All that good stuff. I loved it. And with elder cabrera, I learned how i can do it better. Now i just have to do it better. My spanish is getting better, especially in lessons. I have a lot yet to learn, especially just talking with someone about anything. Street talk is super hard. Lot to learn there. Keep praying for me!

Today was awesome. We went about an hour away to Atacames. Its the beach city in the sector and it was way cool! It reminded me of hawaii with the restaurants on the sand and all the beach jazz going on. It was fun to see. We had an awesome lunch there. Shrimp soup and then fried fish with rice. Super good. Got some good ice cream and then we left..Very cool to see and great to get some good pictures.

Lots to do this coming week! We are moving houses tonight to a very nice condo type thing. Im excited. hope all goes well.

Being a representative of the Savior is truly amazing. I hope to be able to bring Him and His name honor every moment, every word, every deed, every thought. I pray for all of you to do the same, since we all have taken his name upon us through baptism.

I love you all!

Elder Burr

oh, and Tell nick congratulations too! his call fits. He is going to love it. I love him and wish him the best!

Happy thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment