Thursday, October 13, 2011

10/12/2011-MTC in Peru

hola!

This past week has flown, but other than the tour and getting new latino companions, nothing has really changed from our schedule. Mom, i hope all is well with your calling. We´re both enlisted at the moment. its a good thought.

Sounds like this seasons sports kind of stink and you are all looking winter in the face. Im looking green, breezy, light sprinkles and 60´s in the face. Im not quite sure when we leave but its coming soon. Im pretty sure ill know next week.

Our tour of lima! So fun. We toured this old catholic monestary and it was crazy! I cant believe people actually found joy or peace in worshipping within that depressing, dark, dreary religion. Its interesting to see the comparison. occasionally, we found little lost truths within the monestary, little symbols here and there. Very interesting but more importantly, I am SO glad I have the knowledge that I have. Its like the difference between a squishy grape and a nice, cold, crisp one. Bad analogy but time is short with email here..

Anyway, after that, we walked around, shopped in the little down town flea markets, and then we went to a nicer mall. Got a cool beany, a cool hat, and a nice zip up sweater! But then, we went to the mall and i got, youre not going to believe this, FRIES AND A BURGER!!!!!! I was so excited at the thought, but at the sight, i could barely stand it. I was loving it. It was no B. SUPREME but it was fried, and delicious. ill try to send pictures but i might run out of time! Sorry.}

I gave out my first book of mormon! It was way exciting, got his number, address, and i turned it into the missionary office. The chances of him investigating further are slim, but I have faith! He was a guard in front of the peruvian embassy building. Super cool guy, fully suited and armed, but was interested. It was great!

My new latino companion is great. Im learning alot from him and I also get to teach him how to do things. We´re zone leaders so i got to teach him how to conduct a meeting, make assignments, and organize interviews. We are both learning a lot. Its great!

Anyway, almost out of time. I love you all. Les AMO!

Elder Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment